BenchMark Recruitment is delighted to be partnering with a highly successful Co.Clare based organisation as they look to expand their finance team with the addition of a highly talented Senior Accountant.
This is a broad role covering – Month, Quarter and Year End, Reconciliation, AP & AR, VAT, Payroll and GL.
The role will suit a qualified accountant with 3-4 years PQE, who ideally has some previous management experience.
• You will manage a sizable team (AP,AR, Payroll, GL etc) and collaborate with the Finance Business Partners
• Provide leadership in administration of all components of accounting transaction processing to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of general ledger, accounts payable, intercompany, accounts receivable and external reporting
• Manage the preparation and submission of VAT and other returns to Revenue Commissioners in accordance with statutory requirements.
• Effectively manage, mentor, motivate and develop the Finance Transactions Team
• Manage the submission of statistical data to Government and other Agencies.
• Contributing to the interim and year end audits
• Control and support the monthly/quarterly/annual close processes and work closely with the Finance Business Partners
• Contributing to the completion of the month end process, ensuring timely completion, and posting of nominal ledger journals and adjustments
• Support entity reporting requirements for all areas under the Finance Business Partners responsibility (eg monthly accounts and reviews)
• Month end reconciliations and variance investigation
• Contributing to the forecasting and budgeting processes
• Contributing to reporting packs (collecting, formatting, analysing) and other required presentations / reports as required
• Providing key financial reporting and ad-hoc analysis as required including assisting with the creation and delivery of KPI reporting in relation to the transaction team
• Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant with 3-4 years post qualification experience
• Proficient in Excel and MS Office.
• Comfortable dealing with clients and managing junior staff.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.